Massaging your knee is also good for your body. Not only because it will relax you, but also it has a lot of advantages for your health.
Here are the Five Benefits of Massage Therapy for the Knees:
- Stimulates Blood Flow. This is the major thing that you can benefit from a knee massage. It allows blood and oxygen to get into the joint. The more blood flow you have in and around your knees, the more it is able to makes healing faster and easier.
- Helps The Knee To Relax. By massaging your knees, it has the tendency to relax. And with a more relaxing knee joint, it begins the process by which your body is able to heal itself.
- Relieves Pain. If you are experiencing any knee pain, massaging it will help you relieve that throbbing feeling by putting the right amount of pressure on it. By doing this, it allows proper blood flow that will aid you in relieving the pain. You can experiment with different motions and how much pressure you apply to find a rhythm that feels best for you. If certain areas are tender, try to massage around them so you don’t cause yourself any further pain. But if you have severe knee injury, knee massage is not advisable. The rule of thumb is that if it hurts, don’t do it. This type of stimulation may be too intense for your knee and you may want to look for a more gentle treatment option.
- Soothes Your Mind. Knee Massage is not only good for your health, physically. But, it is also good for your mind. When you are stressed with activities at work, school or at home, having a massage will have that peace of mind and will make you feel relaxed.
- More Practical. Rather than depending on medicines like pain relievers, why won’t you try massaging your knees by yourself? It saves money and you can avoid any adverse effects in your body.
For those who think that knee massage may be too painful, there is a great alternative, too. Passive stretches are the perfect way of relieving stress in the knees without the intensity of massage. It allows the knees to find comfort where it once felt only pain. This relaxation allows the nerves in your knee to calm down, creating space so that they are not being squeezed. Just remember that the end goal of both activities is comfort and relaxation.
My cousin practices football and a few days ago he had an injury in one of his knees which now, he cannot stand the pain. I like how you said that knee massages stimulate blood flow that can relieve pain. I will recommend him to visit an orthopedic to make sure he knows exactly what the injury is.